Monday, May 21, 2012
Challenge: Take two
In my last post I told you about my time-consuming Challenge for May. But I made up for the two weeks I lost trying to figure out the intructions! Yesterday I finished my first muslin with the first few adaptions. The pattern I'm using isn't hard at all to follow at all. Everythinig is clearly illustrated and helps you understand the instructions.
There is only one thing: There aren't any notches on any pattern piece. It doesn't form a problem for the front and back, but the sleeves are a problem. I couldn't figure out what was the front and what was the back of the sleeve, so off course I ended up sewing them at the wrong sides. Luckily I have my very own saviour who came to my rescue! She told me something wich I found very useful:
"The Grainline (GL) of the sleeve is always the centre of the sleeve. When you fold your sleevepattern on the grainline, you'll notice that one side of the pattern is bigger than the other. The larger piece is the front of the sleeve and the smaller piece is the back."