Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cambie Dress 2

I barely finished the last dress, and I already have a new one to show you! This time I made some more changes: I made the skirt a bit smaller at the hips. The buste still doens't fit quite well, so next time, I'll have to change that again, although it's better than with the red version.


On sundaymorning I woke up early to get some sewing done. There was a familyparty that day and I really wanted to wear my new dress. The only problem: I hadn't sewn it yet. But not to worry: 6 hours later I was the owner of a brand new dress, fully lined. Though I have to admit: it was a close one. I didn't even finished the hem because I had to go. But hey: that's 'hip' nowadays, so I didn't care all that much.


My niece helped me take these pictures. We were fooling around, so don't mind the silly pics. The dress is yellow, even though I look a bit purple. Last year, my parents-in-law went to the US and they bought me this fabric from JoAnn's. Since I've never been in the USA, I was thrilled with the two fabrics they gae to me! One of my goals for the future is to visit a JoAnn's-store. Perhaps I'll even leave my SH behind and stay all day long. But that's for the future. For now I'll just enjoy this dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment