Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Clever Links: July 11, 2012

And here is the second part! Today I want to share some advice about patterns; information wich I've found very useful and helped me piece everything together.

So, for starters, I have this really great, free PDF about posture differences. Why is this so important? The answer is simple: every body is shaped differently. If you want your garment to fit nicely, you want it to follow the shape of your body without any bumps or creases where they shouldn't be. Somebody with a hollow back shall need to take away a few centimeters from te back. But that's not the only thing wich can be different. The stance of your shoulders or even your cupsizes can differ. This PDF gives you a clear view on how to acknowledge and alter these posture differences. Really useful if you want to alter your pattern but don't have that technical know-how yet. Note: the PDF is in Dutch.

No doubt you have that one t-shirt in your closet wich you absolutely love: it fits like a dream, makes you look and feel good, ... But, as time goes by and your wearing your favourite shirt time and time again, it gets worn-out. Time to ditch it? Absolutely not! This tutorial will help you remake that favourite shirt. And even if it isn't your favourite shirt, but you just want to update your wardrobe, this is the answer to your questions! The only down part? Again, this one is written in Dutch. But hey, don't let that stop you! Google translate and the pictures will deffinatly help you on the way!

To keep going about the basics, you should try the tutorial on how to make your very own camisole. You know, that top wich you can wear with a variety of purposes: as underwear, sleepwear or just topwear. It all depends on what you want. A real basic, if you ask me.

Recently, I came across these tulip sleeves. I just fell in love with them instantly. So far, I haven't tried it yet, but I have a few projects coming up wich would be ideal for this kind of sleeve. Anyway, although the tutorial is written for a toddler, you can use it for a grown-up. All you have to do is add some inches so it matches your dynamics.

Lastly I have 2 more links to show you. Ever wanted to make your very own corset? Perhaps you even thought of following a course, but you just never got to it? I've found this great how-to and pattern! I really hope that I can make one, when I find the time for it. Oh, and appearently Gertie from Gerties New Blog for Better Sewing and I had the same thought around the same time. Follow these links to see what she came up with. She also has some really helpful advice and links to share with you!

Camisole
Tulip Sleeves
Corset

No comments:

Post a Comment