Friday, September 14, 2012

A Quickie

My september contribution for the challenge is a real quickie: it only took my an hour or 2 to make it from start to finish. Something very simple: perfect for when you're sewing with jersey for the very first time - like myself. Besides that, I simply needed it: a camisole or vest or however you name it. I just call it an undershirt, because I wear these things as undershirts.

In stores you can buy these things voor €12 (about $15,25 USD). Too much money for something so small and siple. If you're lucky, you can find one for €6 ( $7,62 USD). This project cost me €1,5 ( $ 1.91 USD) for the elastic. The rest I already had. I didn't even need to buy fabric or take something from my stash. I used an old, oversized T-shirt. I even selvaged the hem from the original T-shirt (less work for me with a neat finish) and the model with the discriptions came from this lovely lady and her explanation. It's a free pattern wich you just have to check out.


Patterns like these are a gift of heaven. I'm definitly making several more from this one. Perhaps I'll even make some non-undershirts ones. Just to wear around the house or on a really hot day. What do you think? I know I'm sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment