Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sewing Machine



YES!!!! Finally I've got my very own sewing machine! After sewing on my mother's sewing machine for the last two years, I decided it was about time that I purchased my own. This is something that I've wanted for a long time, but I just didn't think I had the right motivation to buy one: too expensive, I still live at home and I could use my mother's. But something changed: My other half and I are planning to move in together, so I thought it was time to have my own sewing machine!

No more arguiing with the machine (it always works when my mother's sewing, but never when I take over. Then it desides that it has had enough off those nice stitchinglines and wants to do something totally different!), just a sewing machine that's mine and no one else's. And you know the most important thing? This sewing machine listens to me! After our first awkward meeting, we get along quite nicely. I even managed to sew a top, i just need to add the sleeves and turn the seam allowence under. And I still have to show you that other top I made a week or so ago!

Oooh, and I've got all this inspiration to sew! Not that it wasn't there before, on the contrary. But the finishing touches weren't always as good, so sometimes I didn't really feel like creating something, despite all my ideas. I've got a feeling that won't be a problem with this sewing machine! There are already a dress, gifts for someone who's about to be born, another top and a sweater on my list to sew next. I'm also playing with the thought of sewing my very first real vintage pattern. But how that all turns out, you'll just have to wait and read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment