Sunday, December 2, 2012

November Challenge: The Alma Blouse



Last week I spoke about me getting selected to test the Cordova Pattern from Sewaholic. Today i've got another pattern from Sewaholic to show you. Not one I tested, but still one I am in love with! Especially the Peter Pan-collar and the fitting attract me to this pattern. To be honest, I didn't even have to make a lot of changes to this pattern, but I'll talk about that in a minute.
 
Originally I bought a pattern from Megan Nielsen Patterns. A pattern I fell in love with the moment I saw it. It looked really nice, untill the first time I actually sewed it. It wasn't as streamlined as the pattern envelope wants you to believe. But i thought that wasn't a real problem: I'd just adjust it and that would be it. Wrong. The main mistake with this pattern were the sleeves. There simply wasn't a front, nor a back! So I discarded the pattern and my Saviour and I started making m own pattern.
 
As soon as I saw Sewaholic's pattern, my troubles were over. I didn't hesitate a moment and bought the pattern. Tasia didn't disappoint me! The only adjustments I needed to do were to slim down the buste and waist. If I wanted to, I could've took the area around the hips in a bit, but I liked the way it looked like this. You couldn't see my belly bacause it wasn't to tight or too fitted. Oh, and I also adjusted the sleeves: the original ones are elbowlength, but I thought this would't be useful when wearing a sweater on top.



The Alma Blouse'll be adjusted so it'll look a bit more like Megan Nielsen's Banksia: that buttonrow in combination with the Peter Pan-collar looks adorable, if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment