Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ikea-inspiration

Oh dear, moving dear is really creeping up on us! Last weekend we noticed that we didn't have a lot of time left to order our furniture and stuff because we're such busy peops. Turns out it worked inspiring. before you could say 'Ikea-store' we were there. It took us a couple of hours, but eventually we choose all of our big furniture. You know, the furniture you need a truck for to move. Coming weekend, we'll go back to Ikea, look a little bit more and place our order. If everything goes as planned, we'll be able to assemble the furniture in April.

Curious about what we chose? Great, here are my favorites lined up. But beware: the choice for our furniture wasn't easy! Especially the color of the cabinets and bookcases (we had a bit of a discussion) and the wardrobe (those damned dimensions!) were our biggest issues. Apart from that we didn't have any problems picking furniture. My favourite part was choosing our matras: finally we were able to give those legs some rest!

I just adore this buffet! I think this must be my most favourite piece of furniture by far in our living room. We eventually chose a dark color because the floor is really light of color. But not all of our furniture will be this dark :-)
Ikea Stornäs Buffet
To compensate the dark closets and cabinets, there are a table and chairs in a midbrown oak-color. Besides that, there is our - my second favourite - slightly lighter couch. I know, A stylegoeroe would say we are sinners: the couch should be the darkest piece of furniture in your room. Well, rules are made to be broken - some of them, at least - and this one is one of them!
Ikea Tidafors Couch
My Top 3 is comleted by a small piece of furniture: our bedside tables! If you just look at it, it seems to be just a solid block with a glass inset. But there is a storage and the most awesome drawer ever inside. Ikea doesn't have any pictures of the inside, so I can't show you the awesome drawer, but believe me, it's awesome! (I know, there are lots of 'awesome's in that sentence, but hey, you can't hide the truth!)
Ikea Nyvoll Bedside Table

Do you guys have any favourite items from Ikea? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment