Thursday, October 17, 2013

Finished Project: Circle Skirt

It's finally happening! After 2 months, I was able to shoot some quick shots of my finished projects. First up is a circle skirt. 

 My very first, selfmade pattern! With the help of Gerties explanation in her book 'Gerties New Book for Better Sewing', easy step-by-step guidence, I was able to create this lovely skirt, already one of my wardrobe favorites! There's only one thing I would change next time: the waistband. Gertie advises to use a rectangle, but after sewing everything, I noticed that the waistband was gaping at the waist. So I had to put the buttons on a bit crooked so it would fit nice and snug.

That being said, I'm really, really happy with this skirt and have worn it several times since. Have you ever sewn something wich is actually very simple, but immediatly became a wardrobe favorite?




No comments:

Post a Comment