Thursday, January 8, 2015

Laptop Sleeve

This is another post from february 2014. 

It's been a really long time since I posted something. There are a million excuses I could make, but it's plain and simple: I don't feel like taking out the laptop late at night. Honestly, I don't know how all those moms make it happen: working, caring for the family, caring for the house, sewing and finding the time to blog about it. We don't have any kids (yet) and I find myself struggling at times to incorporate everything. Changing jobs has been a big part in the struggle. But life is a learning experience and I'll sure I'll get the hang of it. 

Today however, was different. I really felt like making a quick and simple project. So I proudly present you my very first Laptop Sleeve!


To make this sleeve, I followed Sew Creative Blog's turorial. It was an easy project that could've been finished in an hour, as long as you're not fumbling around like I was. Eventually it took me 2 hours to make because I installed the closure wrong and it took me nearly 15 minutes to pry it loose. The second mistake I made was not reading the instructions thoroughly and sewing the while thing shut, instead of leaving the top open. So I lost some more tume unpicjing en resewing everything.  

Now, about the pattern: it's very straight forward and I didn't make any changes. Instead of usung cotton fused with fleece, I used a sturdy cotton upholstery fabric with a thick interfacing. For the lining I used some leftover fabric. 

Aside from this quick project, I'm sewing my vert first pants. As soon as it's finished, I'll post some pictures. I'm also knitting my third pair of socks in a row and a new cardigan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment