After I left my sewing machine for a big clean at the shop - somewhere at the end of november - all of my projects have been just lying around. My recently finished dress was one of those projects: it only needed a zipper and seeming. Life literally got in my way: friends started to have a family and of course I needed to make something personal for them. So I began crocheting baby blankets.
My first blanket was one big Granny Square. I made it in november for one of my best friends and fell in love with it. It was warm and cosy and the perfect size to warm my feet. :-)
Not long after my friend gave birth, my babysit (a.i. the family where I went babysitting) had a little baby girl. So I made another baby blanket. This time a made a smaller Granny Square and attached 2 rows of little Granny Squares to it. I used some wool I had lying around because of a miscalculation for a sweater. This miscalculation resulted in twice the amount of needed wool.
After almost 3 months of crocheting, the time had finally arrived to sew again. The dress that had been lying around since november, was finally getting finished. For the very first time I used a propper blind zipper foot - a gift for my birthday. 'Till than I used a universal blind zipper foot, wich was crap. My new foot does the trick 1000x faster, smoother and with far better results.
I chose Butterick 5520 for this dress because I wanted something I could wear to work that would look good with the vests I always wear. I made version A and made little adjustments: shortened the waist 3cm and the skirt 5cm around the hips. Those are my usual adjustments because I'm a petite. I did give it an extra 3cm of ease from the widest point of the hips down. The size I cut fitted a bit too much like a glove. Next time, I would give it another cm because it's still a wee bit snug, but wearable. At least I can sit down now :-) I didn't adjust the buste.