Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Thrifted: Louis Feraud


I acquired this skirt a while ago. It didn't cost me much, but it wasn't suitable for the weather in july, so I decided to put it aside until colder days. Now the days are shortening and getting colder, so finally the time had arrived for me to wear this skirt!


I don't know exactly from what era this skirt is. The etiquette reads 'Made in W. Germany'. So it is definitly a retro skirt. After all, West Germany doesn't excist anymore ever since the fall of the Berlin Wall in '88. At the very least, the skirt is the same age as I am, but more likely even older! If I had to guess, I would say the 70's: 30's and 40's styles were in fashion again.

So it's definitely not an original 30's of 40's skirt. At one side because West-Germany didn't excist yet, at the other side because the finishing just aren't right: they've been serged. Aside from that, the etiquettes look far more modern. 

If you still don't believe me: Louis Feraud started his couture-line in 1958. In the 70's he made a contract with the German companie Fink to bring a ready-to-wear line to the market.VoilĂ , there you have it: the 70's!

No comments:

Post a Comment