Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Tartan Circle Skirt


December. It's the final month of the year. Already!! Can you believe that 2015 is almost over? 12 months, 52 weeks and 365 days are practicly done. About time to finish some stuff and get that New Year's Resolution finished. A circle skirt doesn't need a pattern and you can't go any more Vintage 50's than that!

Leopold thought he should get his 10 minutes of fame

Originally I didn't think I would be able to squeeze this out of 1,5m of fabric, so I doubled it. Of course I did get the skirt out of 1,5m, but only barely. I wanted the skirt to have a nice vintage feel to it, so I decided that it had to be 60cm long. With the seams added, I truly did squeeze this one out. I had about 0,3cm left on the sides! But now I'm left with another 1,5m of this fabric. What to do with it? Would a matching cape be too much?

As a real Gentleman, he doesn't look underneath a lady's twirling skirts.

There isn't much to say about this pattern, since it's a circle skirt. There are tons of tutorials around the Internet if you want to make one of your own. If you are able to make one without a seam, it is even the simplest thing you can make for yourself. You only need to hem it and add a border and elastic. So deliciously easy I made my version within the hour from scratch! The only thing I still need to do is hemming this baby. But first it has to hang a bit so the fabric can settle itself. Then I'll hem it. This way, you won't end up with a wonky hem after a few wears/washes.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely Skirt. I just stocked up on petticoats now I need to make circle skirts

    ReplyDelete