Monday, January 11, 2016

A Wool Winter Skirt

 
In my Sewing Spree last month, I also made a little winter skirt. One that I wore so often ever since I made it, that I didn't have time to photograph it. But I couldn't keep this little pearl from you! 


I made the pattern myself, after coming across this Pin on Pinterest. You do need a basic knowledge of adjusting patterns. If you are used to adjusting any pattern to your own measurement, I do believe that is all it takes. After all, that's all the experience I have and I was able to pull it off!


The skirt has deep pockets on both sides. A little to deep. That's something I'll need adjust next time. The zipper is just an ordinary zipper. The fabric doesn't cover the zipper in the picture, but that is because I didn't iron the skirt before photographing it.


This truly is a new wardrobe staple of mine. Next time I'll tweak it a little bit more: I'll raise it so it hits my natural waist and make the pockets a little shallower. I already chose the fabric: a nice checkered wool.


No comments:

Post a Comment