Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Finished Project: A summer Akita


After my very first vintage pattern I wanted to make something quick and easy before I started on my next vintage pattern. If you follow me on FB or Instagram, you no doubt have seen this one already! I have been reading Seamwork Magazine for a while now, but haven't tried any of the patterns yet.

Front - I'll take that belt now, please!
Until now. I liked the look of the Akita pattern from Seamwork and this flowery fabric from my stash simply popped out for this project. It was light, sturdy and yet flowy enough for this pattern. I love how it turned out. I didn't make any changes to the blouse itself. All I did was cut the pattern in 2 at the shoulders and create a shoulder seam. It is a one-piece pattern for which you'll need 2 yards of fabric. Unfortunately I only had 1m at hand and didn't want to waist too much fabric.

Back
The pattern doesn't have much shaping, just some bust darts. The sides have a little split and the shoulders are really flattering. If I would make it again, I would take in the sides at the waist to make it a bit less baggy. I would also add a cm at each side at the hip. It's not too bad, but for this loose pattern it clings a bit too tight around the hips, making it creep up a bit.

Side View - Look at those nice splits!
Overall I very much like the Akita and have worn it every week at least once since I made it. If I wanted to do another simple and quick blouse, I would definitely make this one again.

I like it best tucked in: it defines my waist instead of looking like a bag.
 
PS: Yes, there is another project in these pictures! Be sure to tune in on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment