Friday, July 28, 2017

The Cyan Cocktail Dress

Today's post will be a short one. This dress is a true TNT-pattern (Tried and True): it's the 5th time that I've made it! So, if you're curious about the pattern, check it out here and here.

For my sister's wedding - one month after my own - I needed a new dress. 3 days before I decided I wanted to make it myself. To spare me the trouble of adapting a new pattern, I went with a classic for me. The Danielle Dress is classy and depending of the fabric it is perfect to wear to more formal occasions. I used fabric from my stash - stash-busting, anyone? - and purchased a matching zipper. 2 days later, this dress was ready! Oh, the joy of using a well-known pattern!

After that, I wore it to one other occasions: our National Holiday with a tribute to our veterans and people who are still in active duty. Really liked it and on both occasions I felt very classy, paired with a red purse and red shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment